FireStick is one of the most popular streaming devices out there. It is a low-cost, feature-rich solution for all your streaming and online media related needs. FireStick allows you to stream media content of your choice from multiple different services such as Hulu, HBO Go, Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.
Firestick is a great device for streaming online content but the problem with it is that all the streaming services that you can use with Firestick require a subscription plan to stream any content. This means you will always have to pay for the content you want to watch.
But if you have a jailbroken firestick you can easily install third-party content streaming applications that provide free content streaming services. But these apps are not available on the Amazon app store. One such free content streaming app is Showbox.
What is Showbox?
Showbox is one of the most popular online content streaming apps available for the android platform. It is so popular due to its smooth user interface and easy to use navigation system. Showbox has a huge media library that is full of movies and TV shows. Showbox is developed and maintained by an active team of enthusiastic developers. New content is being added to Showbox on a regular basis which you can watch in SD, HD, and FHD quality. It is a very lightweight app and does not consume much system resources. Showbox provides a ton of features to its users that are free of cost. Some of these features are
- No login or account creation needed. You can just open the app and start using it.
- No annoying ads will be displayed to you.
- Multiple different video qualities such as SD, HD, Full HD are supported.
- Subtitles are available for all the video content.
- You can use the filter option to filter the content according to the genre, rating or launch year.
- Very easy to use user interface and navigation system.
- Supports downloading the media for offline viewing.
How to install Showbox on your firestick?
Since Showbox is a third-party app and it is not available on the Amazon app store, you need to have a Jailbreak Firestick to install Showbox. Don’t worry if you don’t have an unlocked Firestick as we have given the instruction below using which you can install Showbox in your firestick.
Enable developer options
First, we need to enable the developer settings to allow us to install third-party apps. To get started
- Go to the settings option on the home screen of your FireStick.
- Once you are on the settings menu, click on the preferences option.
- A popup menu should open now. Scroll down a bit and finds the option that says privacy options.
- Once you are in privacy options, disable the options that say “Device data usage” and “Collect App usage data”.
- Now go back to the previous screen and select the option that says “Data monitoring”.
- Turn off the data monitoring option.
- Now we need to enable the option to sideload applications.
- For that go to the main settings menu. You should see an option that says “My Fire TV”. Click on it.
- A pop-up menu will open. Scroll down a bit and find the option that says “Developer options”
- Click on it and enable the “App from unknown sources” option.
- It will show a warning, just click on “Turn on”.
By doing the above-given steps we have successfully unlocked your FireStick. Now we need to install Showbox on it. We will have to download Showbox from third-party sources as it is not available on the Amazon app store.
Installing Showbox in your FireStick
We will now have to download the Showbox app from external sources as Firestick is based on Android which allows users to install applications by sideloading them externally. To proceed to follow the given steps
- We need to install an app called “Downloader” from the amazon app store. To download it, go to the home screen of your FireStick by clicking the home button on your remote.
- Now hover the pointer over the search icon and type “Downloader” in the search box.
- Now a list of apps should be shown on the screen. Click on the Downloader icon.
- Now the app details for the downloader app should open. Click on the Download button.
- Once the app is downloaded click on the Open button.
- If the app asks for any permissions, grant them.
- Now once the downloader app is open, click on the settings menu in the app present on the left side of the screen.
- If it shows any warning, just click “Yes”.
- Now click on the Home button.
- You should see a URL box on the main page of the downloader app.
- Enter this URL – https://archive.org/download/ShowBoxV5.22Original/Show%20Box%20v5.22%20%5BOriginal%5D.apk in the address bar and hit Go. you can also use this URL – https://troypoint.com/showbox
- Once the file is downloaded, install it.
- Once the installation is complete, open the Showbox app.
You might find that your firestick remote isn’t working perfectly with Showbox. That is due to the fact that Showbox was not exactly developed for use on a firestick. Due to this fact, it is not very remote-friendly and so you cannot navigate around Showbox using your Firestick remote. To overcome this you will need to install an application called mouse toggle.
Mouse toggle will make a mouse toggle appear on your firestick screen. You can use this pointer to click on various elements of Showbox’s user interface.
Since terrarium TV is no longer available, the best alternative is to use Showbox. It has a huge collection of media content that you can stream from the comfort of your home without having to pay any kind of subscription fees whatsoever. You can enjoy a huge variety of streamable content which you can also download and save offline for watching it later on whenever you want. Installing Showbox is pretty easy too. Showbox is probably not the best choice for firestick due to remote compatibility issues but it provides a huge library of media content that no other app can compete with.…